Monday, September 13, 2010

Expedite Or Expediate

Villa Intragnola Ipomoea

Case & Country in August 2010

Internet is a universe of resources, in all material respects. You can find the most diverse information, and it may happen that the search for a special plant you meet new people and found that others have our own sympathy for a plant rather than another.
When I received an email asking me for information and availability of planting Pseudolarix, as reported the phone number I have not done anything but try Gianluca Sarto, I have always preferred the warmth of a voice to the sterility of a text.
discovered a person fond of conifers, Taxodium and Pinus in particular, just like me, except one at a time when, following the thought of someone, conifers are not very popular.
has a garden, with several of these rare plants, tells me briefly, and is looking for a plant Pseudolarix Kaempfer. A few days after left Milan to remove a purpose in my nursery.
During his visit comes a friendly chat, he tells me from her garden.
One thing is never reported in articles about the park: the surface, a fact that immediately makes the idea of \u200b\u200bthe size, because a tiny garden, with a series of photos taken in art, you can well imagine a reality larger. The area of \u200b\u200bVilla
Intragnola, family Sarto, is 7 acres and has a lake front (Lake Maggiore) of almost one kilometer!
Of course as soon as I returned the visit, a garden of that size, the lake, with collections of plants that I love like it could not attract me?
Villa Intragnola Cerro Laveno, on the Lombard shore of Lake Maggiore is surrounded by this great park. Walking, Taylor told me the story of this garden, started by his grandfather. Ernesto dad deserves credit for having defended the integrity of the sites against any proposal for speculation. Every now and then stops, and I "has" now a Pinus maximartinezii, or a P. yunnanensis, and P. bungeana or P. montezumae. These rare plants are young, planted by him, a new collection of conifers, which is taking shape in the large lawns surrounded by mature trees planted by his grandfather.
But I can not wait: At "Polidora" I had mentioned, I saw something that struck me and that I can not wait to see live. After traveling a long and fascinating gallery of carpine, suddenly my eyes meet
thirty Taxodium disticum, planted by his grandfather on the banks of the lake, most with the base completely in the water! Fascinating. Perhaps the plants did not appreciate over time, the succession of waves of water that has undermined the roots of instability and the level of the lake.
The large rustic building, the "farm", was recently turned into a Bed & Brekfast high level, which is called just Polidori, from an old house linked to a history of many years ago.
I think people who are passionate about plants and nature can not find a better place to spend some quiet relaxing day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment