Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Old Tenting Of Hemidiaphragm

The Wall live ... you can not miss

not you can not miss the tour once again, for the first time in 20 years, what is perhaps the greatest rock show ever seen, the first true Rock Opera: THE WALL! The 1,2 and 4 April 2011 at Mediolanum Forum di Assago ...

Who does not know what I'm talking about can find some basic information here, more detailed here ... all others will understand perfectly why I'm so excited!

Unfortunately there will be all the Pink Floyd, but Roger Waters is more than enough ... why he decided to share after all this time is as follows:

the end of the last century decided to plunge back in world tour of rock. In 2006 and 2007 I did a tour with The Dark Side of the Moon. Last year I thought, 'Now what do I do? I give myself to golf, gardening or politics, or do I still want to tour? I have 66 years'. I thought I would do another tour. And I love working. Certainly continue to work but I do not know if other major tour. My friend told me: 'If you want to go on tour again, you have to do The Wall. People want that. '

A little 'more seriously:

I recently I found this statement 22 years ago: "I wonder, in our culture, communication technologies will serve to clarify, will help us better understand each other or be deceptive, and keep us away?"

I think this is a question still very present and the court is open. In network marketing there is lots and lots of propaganda, but I feel that beyond the façade understanding is gaining ground. We'll keep doing the blog, use Twitter to communicate, to exchange ideas.

When I wrote The Wall 30 years ago I was a young scared. Well, not quite so young, I was 36 years.

It took me a long time to overcome my fears. Anyway, all these years it seemed that perhaps the story of my fears and my sense of loss, with a concomitant and unavoidable residue of ridicule, shame and punishment, may be an allegory for broader issues: nationalism , racism, sexism, religion, everything! All of these issues and doctrines flowing from the same fears that have characterized my youth.

This new production of The Wall is the attempt to make some comparisons, to illuminate our predicament and is dedicated to all the innocents killed in the past three decades.

In some areas, according to some schools of thought, human beings as a whole are not able to become more 'human', kinder, more generous, to cooperate more, to maintain relations of greater understanding.

I disagree.

From my point of view, it is too early to reach such a conclusion, after all human race is still very young.

I think we still have at least a chance to aspire to something better than the ritual perhaps on one another, which is the way in which we respond to each other's fears institutionalized.

As an artist I have a responsibility to express my cautious optimism and encourage others to do the same. To quote a great man, "you can say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only" .

Roger Waters, 2010

(interview here )



And now the most important and personal
MY TICKET April 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment